- What is Underworld?
- Sounds cool, how can I get the game?
- I remember Underworld being a drug trade game. What about this new ‘sweet’ theme?
- OK, I’m already into Underworld! Do I have to move around physically to play it right?
- I hate cops in the game — they keep busting me deal after deal. Please do something about that!
- How does one become a Lab or a Sugar Addict?
- Is there any help on Underworld?
- This Open Roadmap you are running in the game, do you care about it at all?
- Any chance Underworld is going to be implemented for Android?
- I downloaded the UW Point Pack but never get the actual points. WTF?
I downloaded Premium version and I’m trying to get some of
in-apppurchases, but I’m always getting an error «This account is not valid for sandbox. Please log in with a different account». WTF?
- I’m playing the Free version of Underworld. Now I’d like to switch to the Premium version. Will I have to start over my game progress again then?
- I’m about to change the firmware on my iPhone / iPod Touch. Will that ruin my game progress or what?
- I am about to change my iPhone / iPod Touch. According to what you said above, my character data will be lost. Can I keep my character for a new device?
Underworld (aka DrugLords) is an innovative location based online game for handheld platforms. Game simulates trading on the global black market, which exists parallel to your everyday life. Using GPS inside your iPhone/iPod Touch, you discover real-world locations, trade various stuff and meet real people online.
Underworld: SweetDeal is available for all generations of iPhone & iPod Touch. Download it from the AppStore. It’s free, by the way!
Yep, Underworld is also known as DrugLords — back in 2008, it was the game about the black market of drug dealing. The original theme didn’t make it to the AppStore though as Apple found it objectionable. What a pity! We thought the game is still worth to get to the AppStore and restyled it’s theme to candies.
Quickly after SweetDeal went live in the AppStore, true ‘DrugLords’ fans found a way to get the game back to its “grey” origins. Read instructions here (jailbroken iPhones/iPods only!).
Our approach to game mechanics was to give players an ability to make money even when sitting on one place. To do that, your goal is to find cheap stuff from dealers in other areas and then push it locally to your profit. Vice versa: buy stuff from labs in your place and push it to the dealers outside.
However, if you are moving from place to place often enough you’ll make even more cash, cause that’s how the game economy works.
That’s trafficking, guys, what did you expect?
Ok, seriously, danger to be busted is a part of the game. After tweaking bust chances a couple of times, we ended up with the current ones that seem to be optimal.
Now, here is what you should know about cops. First, the more expensive merchandise is more dangerous. If you don’t possess a good police protection, don’t try to make a fortune pushing expensive commodity. Secondly, keep in mind that even the best protection level doesn’t guarantee you total safety when you are dealing with high-level stuff.
The player cannot become a Lab or a Sugar Addict. Both they are AI controlled entities that maintain a local economical situation in a tile (game zone).
Yes, it is! Check the ‘About’ section in the game: a question-mark icon in the top right corner in the market screen.
Open Roadmap is a list of proposed future game improvements. If you’re playing Underworld, you should vote for some improvements. The ones in the top are the priority for us. The higher rank you have, the more is your voting power.
Short answer — yes, we do care about the Roadmap! It helps us filter great and wanted stuff from the boring and useless one.
Yes, we are planning that in the near future.
The list of possible reasons:
- You have already downloaded this exact point pack before on the same iTunes account. You weren’t charged for that download from the AppStore in that case, because it works in a way «one account — one purchase». So, no problem here, just go download another pack or switch to the Premium version.
- You’ve used a hacked point pack sometime before: a pack that wasn’t purchased in the AppStore but downloaded from one of the sites with pirated iPhone games. If that’s your case, , we’ll think of something to help you out. But pirating is bad, you should know that!
- You have downloaded the same pack twice, but on different iTunes accounts. Now, you were actually charged for that, but the points weren’t added to your account. about that, we’ll help you out!
- Any other reason: contact us and explain what happened.
I downloaded Premium version and I’m trying to get some of
in-app purchases, but I’m always getting an error «This account is not valid for sandbox. Please log in with a different account». WTF?
I’m afraid that’s something we can’t fix and we aren’t even the ones to blame. An AppStore
I’m playing the Free version of Underworld. Now I’d like to switch to the Premium version. Will I have to start over my game progress again then?
Nope. That would be awful, wouldn’t it? Your character is identified by a unique device ID, so no matter which version of the game you are using, your character stays the same.
I’m about to change the firmware on my iPhone / iPod Touch. Will that ruin my game progress or what?
Nope. The same as with the previous question, as long as you run the game from the same device, your character data is not lost. Just change the firmware, install the game again and launch it. Your account data will automatically download from the server. Enjoy!
I am about to change my iPhone / iPod Touch. According to what you said above, my character data will be lost. Can I keep my character for a new device?
Sure, you can. Download the game to your new device and create an account there. Then drop us a note to , providing the following:
- Your old & new nicknames (mind the case!)
- Where are you located (country / city will be enough)
- Approximate amount of cash you had on your old account (we need it for safety issues)
We’ll switch the accounts between your devices. Normally, within a few hours, but sometimes you have to wait a bit longer.
* * *
Still have questions? Ask for help on the forum or in developer’s twitter.